Lighthouse is a holiday week for children run by Christians from local churches in the Great Missenden, Prestwood and surrounding areas of Buckinghamshire.
Since its start in 1988, Lighthouse has spread to other local areas from Marlow to Thame. Lighthouse Central has now been set up with the mission to spread Lighthouse nationwide. If you're not in the Great Missenden area, you can find you local Lighthouse with our map.
Our aim is to share God's amazing love for us all through His Bible stories. Each day between 10.30 and 15.30 children up to age 12 are invited to the Buryfield in Great Missenden to learn more about God through Drama, Crafts, Singing and Games. More information on how to register your child is on our Parents page
Lighthouse does not charge children to attend as we firmly believe that no child should miss out for financial reasons. Throughout the year, we hold fundraising events, and donations are collected.
We rely on volunteers to put on the event each year. If you would like to become a volunteer, there is more information on how to register on our Helpers page.
We have a range of policies agreed by the Trustees that cover all our activities. These are available on request. Please see our Policies page.
If you want to contact us, please use the special form on our CONTACT US page.
The organising committee would like to thank everyone who gives their time, talents and money to Lighthouse. We would also like to thank God for providing for all the needs of Lighthouse each and every year.
At Lighthouse we run by certain aims and values to ensure that every child and every helper has the best week possible each year. Our aims and values are as follows:
- For people to have heard and to know that God is Real
- To restore faith in humanity and Christianity
- For people to talk about what they’ve learnt
- That people will want to come back
- That the seeds are planted
- That the children and helpers know they are loved
- That the children and helpers have a friend who is always there
- We are Trusting
- We are Confidently Christian
- Everyone is Valued and Important
- We are Accessible
- We are Loving, Accepting and Welcoming
- We are Nurturing of Faith