Throughout these Usage Terms, the name ‘Lighthouse’ shall be taken to mean Lighthouse88, registered charity number 1169296 or its predecessor Lighthouse 88, registered charity number 1071892.
This web site belongs to, and is managed by Lighthouse. Use of the word 'we', 'our' and 'us' in the terms and conditions refer to the Lighthouse as specified here.
The purpose of the site is to diffuse general information about the activities of Lighthouse's events and facilitate online registrations for these events.
Use and Acceptance of Terms
Use of the site is subject to the terms set out below. Your use of the site is a confirmation of your acceptance of these terms as at the time of your first visit to the site.
Right to Change Terms
Right to Change Site
Lighthouse reserves the right to change any content or functionality of the web site at any time without prior notice to users.
You, the user, agree to use this site for lawful purposes only and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of any third party, or restrict or inhibit their use and experience of the site.
Information on this site, including names, images, logos relating to Lighthouse are provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Lighthouse shall not be responsible for any damage, including indirect or consequential, arising from the use of this site, or connected to the use or loss of use of this site, whether in contract or in negligence.
Accuracy of Content
Lighthouse makes every effort to be sure that information on the site is accurate and up to date. However we cannot guarantee that information is totally free of errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Where information is compiled by us we work hard to validate its authenticity, but we cannot take responsibility for errors and inaccuracies or omissions of material attributable to third party authors.
Functionality Warranty Waiver
Lighthouse does not warrant that functions offered to users of the site will be uninterrupted or error free. Nor does Lighthouse warrant that this site or the server at which it is hosted is free of viruses or defects or provides the full functionality, reliability and accuracy of the materials offered.
Posting Information to Web
Any material or communication you transmit or post on any public area of the site, including suggestions, comments, data or questions will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights on the web site are owned or licensed to Lighthouse unless otherwise stated. Whilst we are pleased to encourage the widest use of our materials, commercial use or publication of all or any item presented on the site, save for the exemptions below, is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from Lighthouse. Nothing contained in these terms shall be assumed as conferring licence rights from Lighthouse, save in the following exemptions:
- Personal Use: For personal use only you may reproduce Lighthouse copyright material on the site free of charge without specific and prior approval. In such circumstances, copyright and indications of source must also be copied and the material shall not be amended in anyway but reproduced in its entirety without addition of misleading or denigrating context
- Use of the Lighthouse logo as a hyperlink on your website to this website, subject to the conditions cited in the paragraph on links below
For use of Lighthouse's materials in any other than the aforementioned situations, including reproduction in commercial or business use, please contact Lighthouse for prior approval. Give us as much information as possible about content you wish to use and the intended publication and we will revert as quickly as possible.
Website Links from LIGHTHOUSE's Site
Links to LIGHTHOUSE's Site
We encourage the inclusion of hyperlinks directing visitors to Lighthouse in other web sites subject to the following conditions:
- The text must consist only of the Lighthouse logo and name, and the URL, http://www.lighthousemissenden.org.uk/
- The link shall not imply or infer that your Lighthouse, its products or services are endorsed by Lighthouse or in any way associated with Lighthouse
- The reputation and name of Lighthouse shall not be denigrated or likely to be so, by appearance, position and surrounding material
- User selection and use of the link shall cause a new page to open in their web browser, without any additional non-Lighthouse material in the surrounds (including but not limited to an HTML frame)
- You shall engage every effort and take all reasonable precautions to ensure that use of the link does not provoke transmission of viruses or other damaging programme routines to the Lighthouse website
- You shall inform Lighthouse that the hyperlink has been posted and its internet page location
For use of hyperlinks to Lighthouse's web site with anything other than the aforementioned conditions, please contact Lighthouse for prior approval. Give us as much information as possible about the display you wish to use and the intended publication and we will revert as quickly as possible.
Conflict with Specific Terms
In any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and specific terms posted on this site for specific sections then the latter shall prevail.
Use of Lighthouse's website shall be subject to the law of the English courts. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. However, we reserve the right to bring proceedings in the courts of the country of your residence.
These Terms and Conditions shall be accepted in their entirety, failure to do so shall render site use non-compliant.